Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fun Activities with the Grandkids

Since Jeff and Amy have been here, there is never a dull moment or time to wonder what to do. The kids always have great ideas for any minute of the day--they both love to swing in the same swings that every kid in the family has had fun on since Kevin was 2 and Alison was 1. That was when we first got the swing set in Los Angeles--and it was used when we got it then! Isaac springs on me when I walk in the door from work, and we have to go to the computer to sing Thomas the Train sing-a-long songs. (I hear them in my brain all day long!)
A couple of weeks ago we took Jeff and Amy and the two boys to the beach. Garrett went right in and was jumping all the waves. Isaac wasn't so sure about it all, but soon was having a great time while hanging on to my hand.

Getting ready for Halloween has been so much fun.


I took the kids to the Pumpkin Patch while Jeff and Amy went to Gainesville to go to Gator Growl and the Florida-Kentucky game the next day. I was so glad Jeff and Amy were able to stay all night with Craig and Cassie. I think it has been almost two years since they have been away from their kids overnight, so they certainly deserved a break!

We went to Palatka for a big bon fire stake youth party and to the Trunk-or-Treat ward party. They were both great. George wanted to hand out the candy and had all the little kids at the party opening their mouths while throwing M & M's in them. He had as much fun as the kids! And, of course, every night we go to the little park or to the dock to get the rest of the wiggles out before tubby time and bed. I think George and I are as tired as they are!

No comments: