This Mother's Day, I wanted to pay tribute to some wonderful mothers in my life. I feel so blessed to have had both my husband and I born into such loving homes where we had fantastic mothers whose love we never doubted. In addition, they both had undying testimonies of the gospel. Both of their mottoes were: A home filled with Christ-like love.
My mother, Lola Rigby, passed away in 2002.
George's mother, Ruby Copeland, passed away in 1999
Although George and I were raised on opposite sides of the country--Idaho to Florida--both mothers had such an influence on the home we would make together some day.
Now, I have other mothers who have such an influence on my husband and I: The ones who raise our grandchildren. I will never know how we were so blessed to have such wonderful daughters and daughters-in-law who care so much for their children that they not only provide a neat and clean environment for them to be raised in, but they are teaching them the gospel and the ways they can have the most happiness in this life by following the example of Christ.
Angie
Alison
Kim
Amy
Anne Natalie
And finally, our first-time mother this year, Cassie!
I hope you had a wonderful Mothers' Day! You are all so special to us!













7 comments:
What a special blog from the BEST mother ever! Thanks for your influence and example. Hope your Mother's Day was the greatest!
What a bunch of pretty ladies!!
THANKS, Mom! Once again you've outdone us all by posting such a wonderful tribute. And it's so great to be able to see all in one place, the amazing examples that I've had throughout my life. I'm so grateful to be living by you at this time in my life...and it will be a time I will never forget. I hope my children remember it forever, as well. They love you! I love you! And we all have no doubt that Lola loves you! xoxo, Ames
Laura
Thanks for the great tribute. We are all so blessed to have your example as a mother. And us as daughter-in-laws to be married to your sons that you raised to be the men that they are today. We are so lucky to have you in our lifes. And are children love you even more. Thanks for all you do.
Angie
Laura, this is such a commentary on you as a matriarch. You are helping your family understand how much influence mothers of strength can have for generations to come. Loved your blog dear sister and I love and respect the women on your blog.
Laura,
That was a wonderful tribute to your (our) mother, mother-in-law, daughters and daughters-in-law! You have some amazing "mothers" in our life! Hope you had a special Mother's Day because you certainly deserve it! Love, Joyce
Laura, you are so wonderful to take the time to post all of those sweet pictures. Such a beautiful family you have. And if I had to describe you in one word, I think it would have to be Christ-like.
Post a Comment