Dwayne and Sandy are leaving for China tomorrow with his daughter and her husband, so we sent a few small items to Alison. They had already loaded up on 14 boxes of cereal to take them. The Wilde kids will think it's Christmas early--American cereals are the ultimate treat in China!
We really wish Malcolm and Elda, George's brother-in-law and sister could have been there, but they were having a huge family home evening at their home that night.
The next day, November 2nd, on George's real birthday, 15 of George's office workers took him to lunch which was so thoughtful. That evening, we had Amy and the kids over for birthday brownie and ice cream--can you tell that's George's favorite? Forget the birthday cake!
Amy is the only one who lives close by, but all of our kids, in-law kids, and many grand kids called George for his big day. Kevin even called from Korea at 3:00 a.m. Korean time so he wouldn't miss George's birthday.
This is hysterical! I wanted to take Amy's family with George (Jeff was at class, but called during his break to wish George, "Happy Birthday!) Anyway, after I took the picture, I said, "Oh, no, Isaac wasn't smiling very nicely in the picture. It looked like he was sticking his tongue out."
So, Amy gives a little talk about how we act when we take pictures.
And, ta da, it totally worked. Look at that happy face now! That's some good mothering skills!
Happy Birthday, George! You still don't look a day over 50--and, yes, you still don't put a bit of dye on that black hair--even if a girl at our church who is a hair dresser told Amy out of love, I'm sure, "Tell your dad not to dye his hair so black. At his age, it doesn't look natural!" She about died when Amy told her he didn't put a thing on it but hair spray to hold it in place! Hah!







6 comments:
Good mothering skills? Ha! Sometimes I feel like "Mrs. Tweedy!"
The funny thing is, the next picture down, I act like NOTHING transpired 2 seconds earlier.
Now THAT's mothering skills!
So grateful to be a part of this special day for Dad. Even though we played it down a bit, it didn't take away the fact that Dad is awesome! And one of the best dads ever!
I can't believe that George is 65!!! What a great man he is and loved by so many people! We certainly do love him and are glad that his "downplayed" birthday was shared by his loved ones in Florida!
Happy Birthday to a Terrific Dad!! I'm glad he had a great day, and has so many admirers (:
Happy Birthday, George! Is it true that you are older than Duke Sims?
We love you George.
Larry
Happy Birthday dear George. We think the world of you and hope you had a special day. The way I look at it, every birthday is a blessing!!
We wish we could have been there with you guys. We miss you so much. Only a couple more weeks and we'll get to give you birthday hugs in person! :)
Post a Comment