Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Joy of the Christmas Season

As the kids were growing up, I'll have to admit that the Christmas season was pretty busy--trying to decorate, bake goodies for the neighbors, get the Christmas cards out on time (which I never did), attend Christmas socials, get all the packages ready for mailing to Florida since we lived on the other side of the country then, let alone purchasing gifts for seven kids.   (No wonder we started going on a Christmas Vacation every year and only giving one or two gifts, along with the trip.)  I'm no different than any other mother who wants the Christmas season to be perfect, but I have to admit, I wasn't the best at being organized all the time.   

In my later years, I have tried not to get so stressed about being totally organized--in fact it is almost the middle of December, and I still don't have one decoration up!  That's terrible!  But, we have just been going to each of the kids' homes and enjoying their beautiful trees and decorations!  Since we are leaving in a little over a week and will be gone the entire Christmas vacation I guess I just don't want to take everything down.  (I must really be getting old!)  I am at least going to put a wreath on my door to let people know that I do love the Christmas season--for what it stands for, and the love our family has for the Savior!

Christmas in Orlando

 
 This past weekend, we spent time with Kyle and Kim and their family in Orlando.

 We were able to enjoy Brady's first basketball game of this season.  He was so excited, he wanted to get there an hour early!

 Even though he is only a 2nd grader on a 3rd-4th grade team, he scored two baskets on a very scrappy team!
 Brady goes hard all game.  Look how red his face is!  He pushed his hair back and saw how wet his hand was.
 Then, after lunch, we went Christmas shopping.

 This picture was hysterical!  We asked a guy in a little kiosk to take our picture so we could all be in it--He literally laid down on the floor to take it--he certainly got the whole tree, but nearly cut Brady out of the picture entirely!
 Since we had just purchased the presents, the kids were going to have their mom wrap them and put them under the tree, but Grandpa George and I got to open ours early!
 Boy, did I need a new crock pot!  My lid is broken as well as my dial.  Thanks so much, Kyle and Kim!

 George messed his hair up (on purpose) while modeling his new sweater that Kyle and Kim gave him.  I think he saw too many pictures of that look in the Abercrombe store when we were in there looking for what Carter wanted!  This sweater is perfect for our trip to Utah in about a week!
 What a fun day we spent with Kyle and Kim, Carter, Jenna, Brady, and Harley!  Thanks so much!  We would have loved to stay longer, but we had assignments had church the next day and needed to get back Saturday night!

 Isaac's Flag Football

This is the first year that Isaac got to play flag football.  He absolutely loves it!  George and I were able to go watch him (finally!) while Amy was in Dallas.  I loved how proud he was of his mouth guard!

Connor Makes First-Team 5A Golf Team as a Junior!

Connor - Third from left
This was the article in the Deseret News announcing those who had been chosen:

High school golf: Boys All-State golf teams
Deseret News
Published: Monday, Dec. 3 2012 3:55 p.m. MST
Class 5A
First Team — Austin Banz, West (medalist); Alex Herzog, Granger; Jacob Byers, Brighton; Nick Emery, Lone Peak; Dylan Chugg, Fremont; Berkely Stulce, Lone Peak; Connor Copeland, Lone Peak; Kalin Peterson, West Jordan; Rhett Rasmussen, Alta.

 This is a young man who absolutely loves golf and has worked so hard to develop his skills.
Way to go, Connor!  We are so proud of you!

1 comment:

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Again, you and George are doing a marvelous job being involved with your children and their families all over the United States! We are excited to see you next weekend in Utah!