Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Two Trips to Dallas in the Month of May - 2016

During the month of May, two different events found me in Dallas:  One week I was tending by myself for Cameron and Anne while they had a week get-away in Cancun, Mexico, and the other week, George joined me for our grandson Mason's baptism.

 Mason's mother had fixed him up a darling Spy Birthday Party.  I loved one of the games that she had for the party that was "Pinning the Disguise on the Spy."  Each of the kids who were blindfolded had to put the mustache on Mason's picture and get it the closest to where it should be on his face.
 
 There was police caution tape throughout his house and the kids all got to go on a hunt by using clues to discover the mystery.  Also, each of the kids were fingerprinted in a little book that will be very helpful to their parents.  All of the items the kids got that day were put in a little black bag.
Since they have a beautiful pool in their backyard, swimming was an important part of the family.
The kids all loved it!
The kids had fun on the trampoline, too.
 Even Craig got in on the action on the trampoline with Riley.  He was actually very good!

Copeland just sat on Papa George's lap, excited for the day when he can join all the fun!

 Mason was all smiles with his big birthday cake.
 

 

 
 The kids really loved the birthday cake, too!  Kennedy would agree!
 And even little Dawson ate his fair share!
 
 The pinata was a large walkie-talkie that a spy would use.


 
 It looked like a big ant pile when the pinata was broken and all the kids ran in.
 



Another thing that was a big hit was the little spy tablets with the invisible ink pens.
Yes, I would say Mason had a pretty awesome 8th Birthday!
The most important part about being eight years old is that now a child has reached the age of accountability and can be baptized, which Mason chose to do. 
Grandma Laura and Grandpa George with Mason
 Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Richard with Mason
Mason and his little brother, Gavin.
Mason opening his gifts of congratulations for his baptism.
The table where those who were in attendance signed Mason's little memory book.
 
 Soon Mason went to dress in his white clothes for his baptism.
 
 Mason's father, Cameron, holds the Melchizedek Priesthood, so he was the one who baptized Mason.
 In addition to wonderful talks about "Baptism" by his Grandpa George, his Grandpa talked about "Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost."  Sydney, Mason's sister, sang a beautiful song.   It was a wonderful and special meeting
Cameron and Anne's family:  Sydney, Jaxon, Mason, and Gavin.


Craig (Cameron's brother) and Cassie, along with their three children were, also, in attendance.
Amy (Anne's sister) and her husband and three children, also, came.
 Amy (Cameron's sister) had driven with her four children for nearly eight hours from Kansas City, Kansas, to be there for Mason's special day.
Riley, Lola, and Kennedy--the cousins always love to get together!
Jenny Frederick and her family who are friends with Cameron, Craig, and Amy's family was, also, there.
Cameron and Anne held a wonderful open house afterwards for all the great people who came to see Mason's baptism.


Amy along with Garrett, Isaac, Lola, and Copeland loaded up to make the trip back to Kansas.  It was really hard to see them go.  They are all such good little travelers!

Other Activities We Attended While in Dallas

While Cameron and Anne were gone, Mason's Cub Scout group went to the Frisco Fire Department for a tour.  Gavin and I got to go along!  It turned out to be fascinating!
One of the firemen showed the kids the computerized equipment they have inside that shows them exactly where to go to get to the fire.
 It was fascinating to hear about the "Jaws of Death" and how they are used to rescue people who are trapped inside their vehicle.



The kids were really interested in the ambulance.
A giant thank you to these wonderful Fireman (and woman) for their patience and kindness in showing us all how they work and help in the community.

 I had a great time with these two little buddies!



Another day I got to go to Kennedy's dance class.


Saying "bye" as she went into class.  I got to watch through the window.
Another day we went shopping at the outlets.  Kennedy looks like she has lipstick on, but it was only the red drink she was drinking.

Kennedy and Dawson were so excited to ride the boat, but after it took our money, they were good sports to just pretend inside it.

Kennedy and I had a tea party with all her dolls.  She loves to pretend!
 
 Kennedy, also, loves to swing.  She had a new swing that she can stand it.
I had to take a picture of her beautiful hair.

And my buddy, Riley, who loves to play board games with me.
 It was so fun to watch little Dawson be so proud that he was able to take a few steps now.
He had received this little water toy table for his birthday and now that it was getting warmer weather, he loved playing with it.

One activity we love to do with the grand kids is to go bowling.
The funniest thing about the bowling was that after it was all done, Jaxon had taken first place, but Kennedy (KK) had taken second!
Afterwards, we all headed over to the ice cream shop.  So much fun!
We were so proud of Gavin when he showed us that he had learned to ride a two-wheeler all by himself with no training wheels.

I was so fortunate to attend Sydney's year-end vocal solo concert.
 
She has such a beautiful voice and did such a great job!
 We were all so proud of her!
 

 
 One day, the kids all told me they wanted to go rock wall climbing.  I was all in favor, thinking what a great way for them to get good exercise and have a fun time.

I soon realized that I wasn't just going to be sitting down watching the kids get exercise--I would be right in the middle of the whole thing!  I learned about something called, "belaying," where I had to hold the rope while the others climbed.  Believe me, I certainly needed the exercise, too, but by the time we had stayed 3 1/2 hours, I was whipped--but I do think everyone had a great time!

Thank goodness, Sydney was there, too, to help out!


It was amazing to me how these little guys just scampered up these very high walls!



 Since Gavin had been chosen "Student of the Week," we were supposed to take pictures of him doing all his fun activities with Clifford, the Dog.  So, we did exactly that.
 Going to church--Clifford didn't go with him in there.

 Gavin riding his scooter.

 And Clifford and Gavin enjoying the trampoline!
 One final special memory:  Riley and Kennedy ringing the doorbell and delivering me some beautiful pink roses and a card from their family.  I loved it!  Then later on, Craig grilled me a delicious steak while Cassie made wonderful side dishes!  It was a very special MOTHERS' DAY 2016!

As you can see, we have wonderful memories for those two different weeks we were in Dallas!  Thanks so much to Cameron and Anne's family and Craig and Cassie's family for the many kindnesses and special activities we were able to participate in with all of them!






No comments: