Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy First Birthday, Lola!

I can't believe little Lola is now one year old!  She has been such a joy to everyone who is around her, and we all love her very much. 

Amy couldn't wait to order her first birthday cake--it had to be a "Hello, Kitty" cupcake cake like she and Alison would have died for when they were young.  So here it is:


Little Lola has been sick for the last couple of days, so she wasn't feeling her usual bubbly self.  I guess she really didn't want to look at the flash on the camera--maybe it hurt her eyes, because she refused to look or just shut her eyes instead.

Finally, after trying to get her to turn her head, not touch her bow, and not shut her eyes, the poor liittle girl just burst into tears.  We all felt terrible!

Daddy started talking to her, and we all decided looking at the camera or not, she looked adorable!  We just let her enjoy the rest of her party!


Garrett and Isaac surely enjoyed the party, too!
Grandpa made Lola feel better by showing her it was okay to eat the cake very messy-like!
Baby Riley came for the party, too.  He wondered what all the comotion was about!
Lola loved opening her presents--she got her first doll!
And now the dolly has a stroller and Lola has a walker, too!
What a fun, fun birthday!
Another big event of the day was Garrett's first soccer game.  We all got comfortable for a big game!
Craig and Cassie and Baby Riley came to watch, too.
Go, Garrett!
The little ones loved being outside.
Coach telling the guys how well they had done--and their team won!
The after-game treats were great--brought by Garrett's mommy.
And where was Isaac the whole game--in the dirt pile, of course!

4 comments:

Jeff and Amy Barlow said...

Mom, that blog post was FABULOUS! See...why do I need to do mine when yours is so great!? Ha! Actually, seeing yours makes me wish I was better at doing my own. You have so many wonderful stories you can look back on and laugh, cry, or be shocked at! Thanks for making Lola's day the best it could be yesterday. I am so grateful to have you as a mom...and am trying to be the same kind of mother you are, to my own children. But let's just say I'm falling WAY short! You make it quite impossible to immitate! We are so grateful to be living here by you and Dad. The memories we have made will be cherished forever. Yes, even the ones where no one tried to save my drink from the flying soccer ball. ;)

Love you lots. Thanks again for Lola's darling presents. She's already made good use of the walker. Now...if we can just get her feeling better!

xoxo,
Ames

Alison Wilde said...

Loved the darling Hello Kitty cake, and Lola is extremely darling! So glad you guys had a fabulous birthday party for her. Amy looks soooo skinny--I must call and tell her. Wish we could have been in on all the fun!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

I can't believe little Lola is already one years old! Her Hello Kitty cake was just "divine." Amy has such a darling family, and I agree with Alison, Amy looks beautiful!

Ang said...

What a fun 1st birthday and cake. I feel bad Lola wasn't feeling great. How fun for you to get to spend the day with your grandkids on their birthday! Lola is the cutest little thing ever! And Amy looks fabulous - she always has a big smile on her face! I'm sure she's as fun a mom as you were and still are. We always loved going to your home in Utah because we always felt welcomed and loved. And you always had that big smile on your face to let us know a party was about to begin!