Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Beauty of Snow--When You're on the Inside!

Yes, I have to admit, snow is beautiful--especially when you're in a nice warm house looking out.  George and I took a quick extended weekend trip out to Utah to take my dad back home.  When we got there, we couldn't believe there was all that white stuff on the ground when everyone was saying it was in the 70s the first of the week! 

 
The next morning, there was even more!  But after looking at my sister's blog who lives further north, I realized we didn't get near as much in Alpine as they did in Centerville.
 
  Let me tell you, it looks beautiful, but it was 26 degrees in the daytime!  Waaaay to cold for George and me--I think we are getting wimpy after living in Florida for so many years!
And to Kevin and Angie's kids, it was no big deal--sweater weather!  Hah!
We thoroughly enjoyed having my dad stay with us the past two weeks in Florida.  Then, when he went to Utah with us, he was able to spend a couple of days while we all stayed with Kevin and Angie.
 Kevin and Angie and their family with Grandpa Rigby.
  
We went shopping, to a movie, and watched the BYU vs. University of Idaho (my dad's Alma mater) on their big screen TV rather than face the freezing weather when the game didn't even begin until 8:30 p.m.  Didn't take very many pictures, but we had a tremendous time.  

 
One final picture:  This was hysterical--I'm still laughing about this.  Hannah was getting disciplined, and Kevin had told her to go to her room.  We started Family Home Evening reading scriptures, when all of a sudden, Koda bounded down the stairs and jumped on Kevin's lap.  We all couldn't figure out what was going on because he had papers stuck all over him.  Kevin read them out loud:  "Can I come down stairs now?" and on the other side of him, it said, "Circle 'Yes' or 'No'."  We had all sort of forgotten about Hannah, but she made sure we got the message.  After we finished laughing our heads off, Kevin let her know that she could come down.

Never a dull moment with grandkids!  

2 comments:

Six Girls and One Boy said...

That was nice that you could have just a "taste" of snow while you were here. When the weather gets so cold, we are certainly grateful for the warmth and comfort of our homes. That was so clever of Hannah to get her message across using her dog as the delivery man. Lauren and Hannah are such beautiful young girls.

Beverly said...

That really was clever about Hannah's note. At least she was obedient and stayed in her room. I also think it is so wonderful that Dad stayed with you and your family in Florida and Salt Lake. He looks really good. He and I spoke a couple of days ago so I know that he had a tremendous time. When he arrived home, his thoughts immediately go to mother which is to be expected and appreciated. He certainly felt that your family him royally!!