The month of July was such a special one for the entire Copeland family! Although we see each other pretty often, we haven't all been in one place all together for 2 1/2 years since we live in five different states! (I should say that we were missing only one grandson who is on a Mormon mission in Scotland/Ireland.)
We were able to do many fun and special activities together:
Kade and his sister, Hannah. They are very close and she knew she was going to miss him very much these next two years.
When we got back to the house, Dawson wanted to get on the big tractor because he loves trucks and tractors! He was content to just sit there with Kade. So cute!
We ate lunch at JCWs and Kent, Natalie, and Ella said good-bye to Kade because they were leaving to go to Natalie's brother's wedding in Logan and wouldn't be back until Kade had gone.
After the trip down the winding river, everyone looked a bit wet!
Cassie didn't go on the windy river, but picked Dawson up at the end.
Since Cassie is pregnant, she couldn't ride very many rides, so Anne was such a great sport to help with the kids on the rides they couldn't go alone when Craig couldn't be two places at once.

Little Dawson was hysterical. He wasn't afraid of even the biggest rides he could go on. He just got on and kept this same face the whole time. I really think he was having fun! Hah!
And when it was just about time to go, I think we had tuckered Grandpa out! Hah!
These were just some of the fun times we had together--I didn't take pictures of the shopping trips, movies, lunches, etc., etc. I guess you can tell that I LOVE my family and LOVE when we can all get together. I just wish it could be more often!
We were able to do many fun and special activities together:
Before we started into the family activities, George and I were thrilled to attend a get-together with some of the people that were so important in our lives when our husbands were all just getting started in their careers and our children were all playing together as young kids beginning in 1972. These are some wonderful people who we love so much!
We have taken dozens of cute things to put on his grave, but they all seem to be taken off, but this little car and a roll of copper pennies seems to stay. Cannon died due to a genetic disorder called "Menkes," which is when the body can't produce its own copper. Copper is necessary for muscle movement. That's the reason his name is done in copper writing.
We always love to take the grand kids bowling.
Five of our very handsome grandsons: Tyson, Kade, Connor, Bracken, and Taylor. All such great young men!

Kyle and Kim have a wonderful pool at their home that they invited the whole family to come and enjoy several times. We certainly took them up on it!
Lola certainly was enjoying the cousins and the pool!
Kade with little Copeland. Kade just loves little kids and is always entertaining them, which they love, too!
The cousins having pool basketball fun.
Kennedy doing swimming stunts assisted by Lauren, Jenna, and Sydney
Now Gavin takes his turn!

Ella and Hannah.
Lola, Kennedy, Mason, and Issac enjoyed the shaved ice that Brady showed them how to make.
The cousins having pool basketball fun.
Kennedy doing swimming stunts assisted by Lauren, Jenna, and Sydney
Now Gavin takes his turn!
Ella and Hannah.
This month our grand daughter, Jenna, had her birthday. She has loved gymnastics from a very little girl.
She put that talent into cheer leading and not only does it for her school, but constantly cheers other people on in their lives! She has great goals and is working hard to accomplish them. We surely LOVE Jenna and couldn't be prouder of her!

Our daughter, Amy's birthday had been just before they came to Utah, so we decided to celebrate Amy and Jenna's birthdays together. Amy is truly one of the hardest working women I know--I wish I had her organizational skills! She has her dad's sense of humor and makes us laugh so often! She has such a caring heart for her husband, four sweet children, extended family, her many friends, and anyone in need. Her phone is on speed dial, and no matter what the question, her dad and I know she is ready and willing to help. We surely LOVE our Amy!
Jenna with her cousin, Lauren. They are only one month apart in age and have been best friends since their were babies!


Amy with her best friend and sister, Alison!
The party sort of got wild--I think it was instigated by Grandpa!
But, oh, we had so much fun!!!
Too bad that Jaxon's family hadn't arrived yet because we would have celebrated his July birthday, too! From the day he was born, Jaxon has loved playing sports--and he's great at most every sport he plays--maybe not so much at bowling yet. Hah! (There's a story behind that!) I LOVE this grandson's enthusiasm for life, his friendly personality, his desire to do well at his schoolwork, his church assignments, and everything he does! He makes me smile every time I'm around him! We love him dearly!

Another night, we all headed to get strawberry milkshakes at Kade's favorite place! They were definitely delicious!
Grandpa really enjoyed them! Hah!
Talk about enjoying things--if Amy left her mug anywhere Copeland was, he knew just exactly what to do with it! Hah!
One morning after eating Grandma's pancakes (they always request them when I get together with the grand kids!), we went up American Fork Canyon to the most wonderful place that the kids had such a great time at.
Ella and Kennedy
With Kade leaving on his two-year mission in just a few days, everyone stayed pretty close by him. He is such a great young man with such a tender heart. Everyone loves him--especially kids!
Another night, we all headed to get strawberry milkshakes at Kade's favorite place! They were definitely delicious!
Grandpa really enjoyed them! Hah!
Talk about enjoying things--if Amy left her mug anywhere Copeland was, he knew just exactly what to do with it! Hah!
One morning after eating Grandma's pancakes (they always request them when I get together with the grand kids!), we went up American Fork Canyon to the most wonderful place that the kids had such a great time at.
Ella and Kennedy
With Kade leaving on his two-year mission in just a few days, everyone stayed pretty close by him. He is such a great young man with such a tender heart. Everyone loves him--especially kids!
Although the water was freezing and the rocks were sharp, Kade took off his shoes and helped the little ones back and forth across the stream!
Kade and his sister, Hannah. They are very close and she knew she was going to miss him very much these next two years.
When we got back to the house, Dawson wanted to get on the big tractor because he loves trucks and tractors! He was content to just sit there with Kade. So cute!
We ate lunch at JCWs and Kent, Natalie, and Ella said good-bye to Kade because they were leaving to go to Natalie's brother's wedding in Logan and wouldn't be back until Kade had gone.
One day, some of the brothers and some of their sons went golfing together at Thanksgiving Point. Golfing is definitely a popular sport in the Copeland family!
One night we just went over to the high school because they had a bunch of food trucks there, so we just sat out on the grass and ate whatever anyone chose. It was really fun! (Look who all the kids are crowded around--yes, Kade!)
Dawson is having such fun with Sydney.
I love it when the older grand kids play with the little ones!

One night we had fun roasting marshmallows and making s'mores on the fire pit.
Another day, a group of us went to Lagoon, a very fun amusement park about an hour away. We had such great fun there together!

One night we just went over to the high school because they had a bunch of food trucks there, so we just sat out on the grass and ate whatever anyone chose. It was really fun! (Look who all the kids are crowded around--yes, Kade!)
Dawson is having such fun with Sydney.
I love it when the older grand kids play with the little ones!
One night we had fun roasting marshmallows and making s'mores on the fire pit.
Another day, a group of us went to Lagoon, a very fun amusement park about an hour away. We had such great fun there together!
After the trip down the winding river, everyone looked a bit wet!
Cassie didn't go on the windy river, but picked Dawson up at the end.
Since Cassie is pregnant, she couldn't ride very many rides, so Anne was such a great sport to help with the kids on the rides they couldn't go alone when Craig couldn't be two places at once.
Little Dawson was hysterical. He wasn't afraid of even the biggest rides he could go on. He just got on and kept this same face the whole time. I really think he was having fun! Hah!
Since their daddy is a dentist, I thought Riley and Kennedy should see the old fashioned dental office.

Of course, the place Grandpa George was looking forward to the most was the ice cream shop!
Gavin loves ice cream, too!
Of course, the place Grandpa George was looking forward to the most was the ice cream shop!
Gavin loves ice cream, too!
And when it was just about time to go, I think we had tuckered Grandpa out! Hah!
These were just some of the fun times we had together--I didn't take pictures of the shopping trips, movies, lunches, etc., etc. I guess you can tell that I LOVE my family and LOVE when we can all get together. I just wish it could be more often!































No comments:
Post a Comment