Sunday, February 21, 2010

Going 'Round the World and Coming up on the Other Side

This past weekend felt just like that--after leaving Saturday morning at 6:30 a.m., returning Sunday night at 6:30 p.m., and going 825 miles, I felt like we had travelled totally around the world.  George had a church assignment in both Tampa and Miami, so I tagged along to keep him company on the long ride.  

After completing his assignment in Tampa, we went on to Miami.  The weather was beautiful there--not too hot, not too cold, just great.  Kevin had given us some points for Mariott, so we stayed in a beautiful hotel there for free!  Thanks, Kevin! 
Looking out our window.  Too bad we didn't have time to even dip our toe in!
I know I have nothing to complain about compared to those in the North, but I am so tired of cold weather--we've had our share in Florida this year, so it was so nice to see some sunshine and beautiful flowers!  Springtime can't come soon enough!  Anyway, I was able to meet many members of the church (which I always love to do) in both Tampa and Miami.  Great weekend! 

3 comments:

Alison Wilde said...

What a fun little get away for you guys. It reminds me how G & G Rigby use to travel hours together to different church assignments. How great!!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Like Alison said, that is wonderful that you two can travel together for George's church assignments! You two are so faithful! Enjoy those times together.

Beverly said...

What a fun weekend together. Life doesn't get any better than service and joy.
Also, thanks for the kind message on my voice mail, Laura. We had kind of a crazy weekend so sorry I didn't get to speak with you. I always love talking to my sisters!