Observing how much those boys love their two dogs: Rosco and Roxy.
Rosco
Roxy
Roscoe loves to play with his squeaky toy, so he brings it to anyone who will listen to him play with it. I might add, sometimes it goes on for what seems like an hour. But, it is so cute to see him do it.

Sitting by the pool watching the boys have fun.
Spending the day in the "City" - San Francisco, of course.
After eating lunch by the pier, we had to stop for a bucket of little donuts. They are divine!
I have been to the pier before and seen it entirely covered with sea lions. There were actually very few today.
There is always a huge crowd to watch these fascinating creatures.
Beautiful day with the grand kids!
Always fun to watch the bakers make their unique sour dough creations.
Walking along the pier. One of these times I want to eat at Alito's like I did when I was a young girl with my siblings and parents. It must have made a real memory with me because I always think of it when I pass Alioto's Restaurant.
Today, we wanted to take a ride on the famous San Francisco cable cars. We knew it would be an hour wait, but we knew it would definitely be worth it. The boys had never done it before and for me it had been years.
It is so interesting how they turn the cable car at the end of the line. They do this by their strength alone on a turn table.
Looking over to the bay while standing in the cable car line.
Although a little long, the boys were good sports while they were waiting. They listened to a guy who played his banjo and sang while we were lined up.
Right by us we noticed a guy with a mask and a straight jacket being chained to a light post by another guy.
Soon he was wiggling and maneuvering until . . .
he had finally wiggled free! Preston walked over to see that the chain was still locked.
Almost there!
And we finally made it!
And the wait was definitely worth it!
Going to Practices and Games with the Grand Kids.
This little guy gives it all he's got! Can you see that red face?
He played just as hard in practice as he did at his real game!
He's definitely the youngest on the team--second grader against kids two and three grades ahead of him.
I can see why he gets MVP so often!
Notice that there are hardly any pictures of Parker--this is the reason. Let's just say his Algebra II grade wasn't stellar this past year, so his parents had him take a summer school class. Each morning when I would come downstairs, there he was studying. When he wasn't at this table--he was working at the Country Club. He was one busy boy while I was there!
All too soon, the week in California was over. After attending church, John and Alison took me to the airport for my next week of activities in Idaho. What a wonderful time I spent with this family! Thanks so much for always making me feel so special!































2 comments:
This was truly one of our favorite weeks of the summer! Thank you sooo much for coming to see us. It means so much to each one of us!!
Alison's boys are such wonderful boys! So glad you had the opportunity to spend an entire week there and see all of the awesome sights of San Francisco. I thought that was interesting about Aliotos...I remember to this day that Mother and Dad ordered red snapper and we all ordered chicken! In my mind, I thought the red snapper would have a pincher like a lobster. It's funny that Dad took us to such a nice fish restaurant, and we didn't even order fish since we hadn't grown up eating it in Idaho.
Post a Comment