Wednesday, August 6, 2014

To Washington for Ella's Baptism

When I left home on July 5, 2014, I knew I was going to be gone for a whole month!  I was so excited about the many wonderful activities I was going to be participating in, but felt badly that George was only going to be able to enjoy four days of those activities due to such a busy time at work.  The first wonderful activity we were able to participate in was Ella's baptism in the State of Washington.
At the age of eight, which is the age of accountability, a young person may choose to be baptize, which Ella did.  We were so proud of her!  She truly looked like a little angel!
 Kent and Natalie with Ethan and Ella on her baptism day.  We know Bubs was smiling down on her that day!
 Ella in her baptismal clothing.  Baptism is done by immersion by one having the priesthood authority, which Kent, her father has.

 Ethan was in charge of the table where he got all those in attendance to sign in.
  Ella had asked her Grandpa George to talk about baptism and for me to talk about the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  We felt very honored that she would ask us to do so.  In addition, many of her friends sang a beautiful song called, "When I am Baptized."  It was all so special.   
 After the baptism, Ella and her mom passed out cupcakes to all who had attended.
 This is Ella's former bishop, Brother Ricks, and his wife.  Bishop Ricks gave the opening prayer. 
 This is a favorite friend of the family, Yessica.  She always helped them so much with Cannon and is such a dear young lady.  We are so excited that she will be attending BYU-I this fall.
 A picture of the girls who attended that day.
 And, of course, the boys.

 George was standing over at the side and got them all to do the gator chomp!  So cute!
One of Ella's favorite friends, Aileen.
 After the baptism, some of the families went to a restaurant there in Sunnyside for lunch.
 Ella with her dad and mom . . .
 Ella with her Grandma Laura and Grandpa George.  Her other grandparents, the Robbins, are currently on a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the Kirtland, Ohio, Visitor Center.  I know they were really thinking of Ella this day!
 Some of the adults who went to the restaurant after the baptism.
 The girls had great fun checking out how a rose is formed from the tiny bud outward. 
 This picture really made us laugh.  No sooner were we out of the church when Ethan took off his shirt and tie, and there beneath was his BYU shirt!  Of course!  I'm sure other of our grandsons have done the same thing.  I remember specifically Connor doing this!  Yes, we definitely have loyal BYU fans in the Copeland family!



Ella with another of her special friends as we were leaving the restaurant.  Such a beautiful day after such an important event in Ella's life.  We love you, Ella, and are so proud of this first step of your eternal progression!  

From here, Kent took George and me the 45 minute ride to the airport for our next important event in the State of Utah.

2 comments:

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Ella is such a darling 8-year-old! That's wonderful that you and George make the effort to be at your grandchildrens' baptisms. Doug and I feel the same way--especially baptisms.

Alison Wilde said...

What a perfect day. I loved her baptismal announcement. She looked darling. I wish I could have heard you and dad speak at the baptism. I know it made even sweeter for Ella to have her grandparents speak at her baptism.