Today was the casual Disney look--tomorrow would be the dress-up like Minnie day for Kennedy. Riley didn't even want to wear this Mickey shirt today, but he looked so cute in it!
Every where you looked, Disney was dressed for Halloween.
We had to hit Small World first. And just as we thought--it was a tremendous hit with Riley and Kennedy!
The kangaroos, the dingo, and the boomerang reminded us of things Bracken was seeing in Australia while on his mission!
The 3-D movie about Mickey and the orchestra is so clever. The kids loved it--but Kennedy mostly didn't get the 3-D effect!
As the day progressed, the kids started looking a little tired, but Riley never slept, and Kennedy only went to sleep about 9:00 p.m. Luckily, Cassie had rented this wonderful stroller that they could hop in and out of easily, but could also recline and sleep in if they wanted to.
Disney really knows how to highlight the castle at night!
The electrical parade is seriously the happiest parade in the world!
The dragon even blew smoke!
The fireworks were spectacular!
I couldn't believe Cassie, even being 20-weeks pregnant, lasted until we left the park about midnight! She is a real trooper! (I told her she needed to be adopted into the Rigby family--we always were the last ones to leave the parks!) The only trouble about staying until everything is over with is that everyone is trying to catch the monorail or boat back to the parking lot at the same time. We still had to stop and get some groceries for the hotel room which had a full kitchen!
This is the next morning and the beautiful view from our hotel room. If I told you all that happened the night before, I'm sure you wouldn't believe me! Trying to get tired kids, groceries, and the rest of our luggage up to the 6th floor--then Cassie sitting on the edge of the bed to get the kids in their pajamas and the bed breaking; then the hotel moving us to the 14th floor after we had to wake Craig up who was still sick, and then taking all of our groceries back out and all the luggage which we had to re-pack--well, do you get the idea??? We finally got to bed at 3:30 a.m.! (I didn't even tell about hearing what I thought was a beating of the only employee on duty that hour who just happened to be the girl working the lobby, and then hurrying to our room to deadbolt it, only to find that the deadbolt didn't work! I moved a chair in front of the door! Well, we were still alive when we woke up the next morning, and thank goodness, Craig felt better and was going with us today!
So, I told you she was going to look adorable in the little Minnie outfit! I just couldn't get over how cute she looked! And today, she was going to meet Minnie in person!
Not the best of pictures--but it was better than any other and we were in such a hurry because so many people want their picture taken in this exact spot!
Kennedy hadn't seen the electrical parade the night before because she had fallen asleep, so it was perfect that the street parade was going just as we arrived on this second day at Disney!
Riley loved the cars. I was with him, and he wanted to pass the guy in front of us--only problem, we were both on the same track, so it was a little impossible to do!

Dumbo used to be one of the longest waits in Disney! Now they have two Dumbo rides to accommodate the people along with a circus tent where the kids can play until their turn! Fabulous idea! Now, they need to think of some way not to have to stand in that Peter Pan line so long!


Oh, yes, and notice the one shoe off and one shoe on? This is the way she was the entire day. The shoe was lost during the first hour there!

Even Minnie needs a little break once in awhile! Riley kept reminding Kennedy that she wasn't supposed to have any more bottles because the doctor said, but Kennedy could care less. She just ignored Riley and the doctor. Hah!
Riley's most favorite ride of the day--and he did it three times, I believe--Thunder Mountain! That thing is really scary to me--and we saw them cart away a lady not much older than I by the paramedics after she rode it!
Little Mermaid was so fun, too.
Now, the long-awaited event had arrived--when Kennedy would get to see Minnie. It was at least a 45-minute wait, but you got to see Goofy, Donald, and here Daisy during that wait.
Minnie was darling with the kids.
Kennedy wanted to give her hero a hug.
This made the end of a perfect day! After Kennedy saw what she came to Disney to see, she fell asleep again. We watched the fireworks--this time with them directly over our heads with the music all around us. It was even better this second night!
Riley got a very special sword that lit up that he was pretty happy with!
Bye, Minnie! We had two fantastic days here. But again, it was about 1:00 a.m. before we got to bed! We were all definitely tired and feeling the results of two long days, but were we going to just chill the next day? No way!!! We were now off to
Sea World!
The kids loved the stingray tank where they could actually touch them.
Riley's dad bought him some little fish to feed the stingrays.

He learned how to put the little fish underneath the stingray because their mouths are actually underneath their bodies.
I loved seeing the white sting ray. I don't think I've ever seen one that color before!

So much for the darling little pink flamingo shirt--after leaning over the edge of the stingray enclosure, it was absolutely filthy!
Kennedy loved watching the dolphins from the underwater viewing area.
Even lots of little gators. I forgot Sea World had gators.
One of the favorite things to do at Sea World was to watch the animal show. They loved it!
It was so clever! How they got all the animals--including rats, birds, pigs, cats, dogs, you name it--to come on cue was amazing!
While Craig and Riley were waiting in line for the Atlantis ride, Cassie and I just waited for them while Kennedy entertained herself with pine straw!
I must have taken 20 pictures in order to make sure I got the exact boat that Riley and Craig were in. Here they are!
Riley wasn't a bit afraid!
Kennedy's daddy won her a parrot on the basketball toss.
She was pretty proud of her daddy!

And of course, the highlight of the day was Shamu!

I loved the father, mother, and baby routine. For all three to jump out at the same time was just amazing!
And, of course, those who want to get wet (or maybe some unknowing people who think it is exaggerated that they will get wet) are completely doused by the tails of the whales!
Fantastic show! Great day at Sea World--just not long enough! They close at 6:00, and we needed to get to a ballgame besides!
Next up: Craig and I join other family members at the BYU Game.
Not the best of pictures--but it was better than any other and we were in such a hurry because so many people want their picture taken in this exact spot!



Oh, yes, and notice the one shoe off and one shoe on? This is the way she was the entire day. The shoe was lost during the first hour there!

Even Minnie needs a little break once in awhile! Riley kept reminding Kennedy that she wasn't supposed to have any more bottles because the doctor said, but Kennedy could care less. She just ignored Riley and the doctor. Hah!
Riley's most favorite ride of the day--and he did it three times, I believe--Thunder Mountain! That thing is really scary to me--and we saw them cart away a lady not much older than I by the paramedics after she rode it!
The Country Bear Jamboree was always one of Grandpa Copeland's favorites. Kennedy didn't even watch the bears--she only kept her eyes on the talking animal heads! I think she didn't quite know what to think of them!
Little Mermaid was so fun, too.
Sea World!
The kids loved the stingray tank where they could actually touch them.
Riley's dad bought him some little fish to feed the stingrays.
He learned how to put the little fish underneath the stingray because their mouths are actually underneath their bodies.
I loved seeing the white sting ray. I don't think I've ever seen one that color before!

So much for the darling little pink flamingo shirt--after leaning over the edge of the stingray enclosure, it was absolutely filthy!
Even lots of little gators. I forgot Sea World had gators.
One of the favorite things to do at Sea World was to watch the animal show. They loved it!
It was so clever! How they got all the animals--including rats, birds, pigs, cats, dogs, you name it--to come on cue was amazing!
I must have taken 20 pictures in order to make sure I got the exact boat that Riley and Craig were in. Here they are!
Riley wasn't a bit afraid!
Kennedy's daddy won her a parrot on the basketball toss.
She was pretty proud of her daddy!

And of course, the highlight of the day was Shamu!
And, of course, those who want to get wet (or maybe some unknowing people who think it is exaggerated that they will get wet) are completely doused by the tails of the whales!
Next up: Craig and I join other family members at the BYU Game.










































2 comments:
I absolutely love to see families together at Disneyland or Disney World. Your photos were wonderful and happiness just radiated from everyone's faces. I'm so happy you were able to be with Craig and Cassie with their sweet children. No one ever regrets time and money spent in places like these.
Great memories for your kids and grandkids on this post. Way to keep up the good reporting!!
Your pictures were absolutely amazing--your camera still does such a wonderful job. Looks like you all had such an amazing time; you really do live in a state/place where people love to visit (and retire)! Haha!! That little Kennedy is a beautiful little girl and so photogenic. Every picture of her was just precious. They are such a great little family with another one on the way!!
Post a Comment