Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Final Few Days of Craig and Cassie's Visit

While Cassie drove back to Green Cove with the two little kids, Craig and I went over to the stadium where we were meeting up with other family members to watch the BYU-Central Florida football game.
(Sons Craig, Kyle; Grandson Taylor; Sons Kevin, Cameron; Me, and George)

While the game was a heart breaker with BYU losing in overtime, we had a great time all being together and seeing old friends and acquaintances.
  (Craig, Kyle, Kevin, and Cameron.  Only missing Kent or would have had all our sons there!)
 
 Our grandson Taylor with his friend who, also, came out from Utah for the game.
On Saturday, Craig and Cassie went to the Florida-LSU game.  This game is always a little tense in the Craig and Cassie household because Cassie's heart is still with her Louisiana team.  She cheers for Florida except when they play Louisiana.  It was her night for cheering because they ended up beating Florida!  Anyway, while they were gone, we tended the kids.  We had such fun! 
Kennedy had so much fun with her little tea set, but she got absolutely drenched with the water, so we ended up just taking the shirt off!

The kids loved going outside with Papa and looking for lizards and other wildlife.
Riley and I worked on a haunted mansion for Halloween.  He is very exacting and wanted it to look exactly like the picture on the box.  He worked very hard on it!
 

He, also, had great fun with his book of puzzles and activities.  These two little kids were so good--absolutely no problem!  They were fast asleep when their parents got home very late from the game.
So the next day, I sadly took Craig and Cassie, Riley and Kennedy to the airport.  We had had such a great time--we hated to see them go.  I wanted a picture with the kids before they left.  Riley's eyes are so sensitive--he was having a hard time looking at the camera. 
And after all the hugs, they were off--then I took off and was ten minutes away on the freeway and got a call from Craig.  Their flight had been delayed by 2 1/2 hours and asked if I'd like to go to lunch with them.  So I turned around and went back.  
We went to lunch and went through this whole procedure of hugging good-bye--I got in the exact same spot on the freeway and Craig called again!  Now the flight was cancelled until tomorrow.  So I turned around and went back to get them.  They came home with me.  We laughed because I had even thrown the sheets in the laundry and had to put new sheets on the beds which I had stripped down.  That was okay!  We were just happy to spend a little more time with them!
Last few pictures I took.  Riley found this instrument that I had saved from one of the kids.  Boy, were we sorry that he had found it!  Hah!  But, they both had great fun with it!

We spent time at the park which they loved, and the next day George went with me this time to take them to the airport.

I just put the same picture back on because for the third time, I saw the same sight--them leaving for their plane ride home, but this time they didn't call us back!  Oh, how we enjoyed having them come!  Thanks so much for sharing your vacation with us!  We loved being with you all!

No comments: