Taylor, and his Parents
While we were in Utah, we were able to celebrate our oldest grandson's birthday--Taylor turned 19. After a really yummy meal, we had the birthday cake--oh should I say, birthday cheesecake, Taylor's favorite!
I had to throw this picture in of Natalie, Lauren, and me peeling potatoes. We peeled so many for the potato dish, but it was a hit and well worth it!
On another day, we went to the temple in downtown Salt Lake. To attend the temple is always special, but to attend it with your first grandchild is just beyond words for thrilling
Taylor with Grandma Laura and Grandpa George
Me, Angie, Taylor, George - Kevin had gone to get the car to pick us up because truly it was freezing!
Taylor with Shaun
Taylor with Tiffany
After we left the temple, we met up with Kent and Natalie for lunch at Gateway. They had been in Park City for a couple of days celebrating their ten-year wedding anniversary.
When we returned home, the kids were just getting home from school. I had to take a picture of them in their uniforms. Don't they all look so cute? How wonderful it would be if all students wore uniforms--especially on teachers like me who have to constantly scrutinize if something is acceptable for school or not!
Don't you love Brady's little tie?
On Sunday, Taylor spoke in Sacrament Meeting at Church. He has been called to the Pennsylvania Philadelphia Spanish Speaking Mission. He will begin his two year mission on December 1st as he attends the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah, where he will learn the Spanish language and study more in depth about the gospel. After those two months, he will go straight to Pennsylvania.
During those two years, he can only call home on Christmas and Mother's Day. He will not date at all, may receive packages and letters anytime, but e-mail only once a week. He will work with the Spanish speaking people in Pennsylvania in doing service projects for them, as well as teaching them the gospel. Although this sounds quite confining, it is something that is a choice, and we are so proud that Taylor has made this choice. His two years on his mission will teach him far more than even if he attended college for two years. His speech was so well done. He is certainly ready to serve the Lord.
After church, Angie had organized everything perfectly for a wonderful open house at their home. Thanks Kim and Natalie for taking all the younger ones the day before so we could get things made and the house prepared for the big open house. It helped so much!
I thought this picture was so cute. I caught Mindy (Angie's sister) and Natalie (my sister) sampling some of the food. Hah!
Some of Angie's friends who helped bring some of the wonderful food.
My youngest sister, Natalie, is always so good to help out. She and Kevin, our son, are only 2 1/2 years apart. They have always seemed more like brother and sister than aunt and nephew!
Thanks, also, to Kim for being wherever a hand was needed!
This is my sister Natalie's son, Nathan, her husband Mark, and my niece's husband John with their little girl, Lilly. It was so great to see all of them and have them come to the open house.
Here is my niece, Melanie, with two of their little girls, Haley and Kate.
Their third little girl has just learned to walk. All three girls are so adorable.
Kevin, Kyle (both sons), Mark (brother-in-law), George (husband!)
We, also, loved seeing Rhonda Williams who lives in Arizona now, but was formerly a roommate of both Natalie (my daughter-in-law) and Amy's (my daughter). She is a great family friend who came to see Natalie and to support our family. Thanks, Rhonda!
My sister Natalie's family who are at home. Her oldest son is serving a two year Mormon mission in Hawaii and has been gone for about 17 months. He next daughter Kelsey is away at college at BYU Idaho.
Taylor with some of his many friends who came.
Taylor with Grandpa Robert and Grandma Marti, Grandma Laura and Grandpa George. They are such good people and helped out so much at the open house, too. I should have taken a picture of Angie's brother-in-law Mike. He has been in the military for ten years and was cooking and cleaning up like a storm this day. He was great!
After probably well over 300 people, little Lilly showed everyone's sentiments. We were all dog-tired. She found the best way to let her parents know by just finding the floor for a bed!
It had been snowing on and off all day, so the girls got in very warm clothing and went outside to play.
Not the boys--at least I thought, until I saw Kade and Carter taking off their shirts and shoes and run outside in the freezing cold six inches of snow. What got into their heads to do that?
Anyway, they circled the entire house and came running back in. Do you believe it?
After most of the people were gone, Hannah jumped on her brother's back. All of the brothers and sisters are going to miss him so much for the next two years. He has been so good to them.
We love you, Taylor, and wish you the very best. Your parents have done such a good job in preparing you for this special time in your life. Make every day the best by putting your whole heart and soul into your work and loving the people you will meet in Pennsylvania.





































5 comments:
Thanks for the recap of the day. Of course you guys did everything to make it the best. I'm glad you still redid your blog even after losing it the first time. I would have bawled my eyes out too!!
Oh, I wish I could have been there! Taylor will be a wonderful missionary. I'll never forget how he carried my backpack the whole day when we were in the Forbidden City in Beijing! He's a sweet, thoughtful young man. Angie and Kevin have been such great parents to him and to the rest of their children. You and George should be so proud!!!
I felt badly to know you cried for an hour after losing all your photos the first time you tried to post, but I don't think you could have improved on what you have here. This truly showed the wonderful event that it must have been. It is thrilling to see Taylor going on a mission and the wonderful support of his loving family and friends. It really doesn't get any better than that.
Hi Laura,
I am so impressed with your blog!! What a gift to your family!! We had such a wonderful time with you at the temple that day. So glad that we got to do that together. And your were right, that little camera does take some great pictures!
My email address is tiffineeandco@gmail.com. If you send me your email, I can send you an invite to my blog. I am not as good at posting as you are...but I try. I will be checking in on yours now and then. I am so glad to know about it now.
Hi Laura,
I am so impressed with your blog!! What a gift to your family!! We had such a wonderful time with you at the temple that day. So glad that we got to do that together. And your were right, that little camera does take some great pictures!
My email address is tiffineeandco@gmail.com. If you send me your email, I can send you an invite to my blog. I am not as good at posting as you are...but I try. I will be checking in on yours now and then. I am so glad to know about it now.
Post a Comment