Saturday, December 4, 2010

An Attitude of Gratitude

Someone has said that "feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."  Therefore, after the wonderful Thanksgiving week that George and I spent in Utah, I want to thank many people who made it so special.

Ethan and his parents, Kent and Natalie

Kent and Natalie and their family drove down to Utah from Washington for the week.  While they were here, Ethan was baptized by his father, Kent.  It was such a beautiful spiritual meeting.  There wasn't a dry eye in the congregation!




Kent and Natalie with Ethan, Ella, and Baby Cannon

Ella with her cousins, Hannah and Lauren




After his baptism, Ella gave her brother a big hug.

Ethan with his cousin, Taylor, who is leaving on a mission on December 1st.  That will be another major event in Ethan's life that he has to look forward to.

The Copeland Cousins who were in attendance.

The Copeland parents, aunts and uncles, and grandparents in attendance

The Robbins aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents in attendance

Ethan with Grandpa George, Grandma Laura, and Grandma Brenda, and Grandpa John

Afterwards we went to our favorite Utah eating establishment--Chuck-a-rama


Ethan got a book about baptism from both sets of grandparents. 

Ethan is having everyone write in his book about their feelings on this special day of his baptism.






Here the guys are probably talking about favorite family stories that only get better by telling them a hundred times!  Hah!


Thank you, Ethan, for your choice to be baptized.  Your baptism day was a day you will never forget, nor will any of us that were in attendance. 

Thanks, also, to Kent and Natalie for being such wonderful parents in teaching your son and having him so prepared for baptism. 

Right now, they are also going through so much with their dear little boy, Cannon.  We admire their faith and courage.  This hasn't been easy for them.  All of our hearts yearn to know how to help.  It is truly in the Lord's hands, and we continue to pray for the very best for all of them.

Grandma Brenda holding Baby Cannon.  She and Grandpa John have helped Kent and Natalie so much in taking care of all of the children and especially when they have to go to Seattle to the specialists so often.  Thank you so much, Robbins Family!

Grandpa George and Baby Cannon

Baby Cannon--Our hearts just melt looking at you.  We love you so dearly!   

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm glad you got some of your pictures up. What a great day to have so many family members at a baptism. A beautiful family!! It has been fun to see Kent and Natalie grow together and have all these kids. I can't believe Ethan is 8!!

The Great Lakes of NY said...

What a sweet post, Laura. I cry every time I see baby Cannon. I really admire them, and you. My heart is with you.

Six Girls and One Boy said...

I am home from Moses Lake and couldn't sleep, so I pulled up blogger and saw that you posted your pictures from Utah. What a wonderful family event for you to be able to attend all the way from Florida! Ethan looks so grown up in his suit and seems so proud about his baptism. Little Cannon was placed in such a special family. Like Michele said, our hearts and prayers are with Kent, Natalie and your family!