But, I really did enjoy myself besides being dead tired each day! I had so much fun dressing Kennedy for school. On this day, her Meemaw Gloria and I got to watch her Christmas program. It was adorable!
After the program, she came down from the stage to give her little brother a hug.
They surely do love each other!
Here we are coming out from the program. Kennedy had both her grandmas at her program.
After the program, the children got their reward of ice cream for doing such a great performance.
Kennedy was loving her ice cream!
Kennedy with her two teachers. Dawson was surely eying that ice cream! But Kennedy just kept on eating.
Finally, everyone else was done with their ice cream and on their way home--but Kennedy was still there. She wasn't about to leave until that ice cream was done! Hah!
After the program, the children got their reward of ice cream for doing such a great performance.
Kennedy was loving her ice cream!
Kennedy with her two teachers. Dawson was surely eying that ice cream! But Kennedy just kept on eating.
Finally, everyone else was done with their ice cream and on their way home--but Kennedy was still there. She wasn't about to leave until that ice cream was done! Hah!
Another day was pajama day. These are the pjs Kennedy chose. I noticed after taking the picture that she had stowed away her Elsa doll to take with her.
I had great times playing with this little cuddle bunny, but he probably weighs nearly 25 pounds and taking him up and down stairs for naps and night time almost did me in. I was hoping I would lose some weight by doing this!
One day, Kennedy decided to draw a picture of her family that she wanted me to send to them. This is the five people in her family--the one on the far left with the longest legs is Dawson. Hah! She was so proud!
It was pretty cold the week I was there, but one day I bundled little Dawson all up and put on his new hat that we had given him, and took him for a ride outside. I think he really liked it--it definitely got him ready for his nap!
Dawson learned to walk in his walker much faster this week! He can now chase anyone or anything in the house!
As a matter of fact, when he was going for the Christmas tree, I dove to try and save the Christmas balls on the tree that he was going for. In my attempt to save the decorations on the tree, I knocked Joseph off the little table and broke his head off! I then had to super glue and tape it back on!
Then it wasn't ten minutes later when I was carrying a toy box down the stairs that I bumped the snowman that was at the side of the stairs. It crashed to the floor and broke in all kinds of pieces! Definitely not fixable! I actually just started laughing even though I was so embarrassed! I was the one that was most destructive! So sorry, Craig and Cassie!
Then it wasn't ten minutes later when I was carrying a toy box down the stairs that I bumped the snowman that was at the side of the stairs. It crashed to the floor and broke in all kinds of pieces! Definitely not fixable! I actually just started laughing even though I was so embarrassed! I was the one that was most destructive! So sorry, Craig and Cassie!
Back to the kids: Riley loved to play games. We spent lots of time doing that together. He really is a good little thinker and can beat me in Blokus almost every time!
Yes, it was definitely a busy week, but I loved helping out and getting to know my grandkids better by doing this. They are darling little kids and I learned to love them even more--if that were possible!




No comments:
Post a Comment