Saturday, January 2, 2016

Thanksgiving 2015 and Other Family Events in Dallas

This year, we were able to spend Thanksgiving at Craig and Cassie's home in Dallas.  We had a great time with Craig and Cassie and their family, along with Jeff and Amy and their family.  Cameron and Anne and their family were on a cruise, so they didn't attend.  Cassie had everything decorated so beautifully!

 
 
 Little Copeland was one week old on Thanksgiving.
 
Garrett's 13th Birthday
 Grandpa George and I, also, were able to celebrate Garrett's 13th Birthday with him.  He is a donut boy and preferred donuts to a cake!


Garrett chose to have a family birthday party at a Jump Zone.  The older boys loved playing Dodge Ball.
 Riley really wanted to play Dodge Ball, but he was too short, so he settled in playing with the girls on the trampolines.
The kids had fun eating ice cream bars.





 
 While the moms enjoyed their Diet Cokes!  Amy drank this one in honor of her sister, Alison, who never drinks the stuff.  Hah!
 Don't blame Kennedy!  She couldn't read the sign that said, "No sitting on top!"

 
 
 Even little Dawson had fun jumping!
 
 But he especially loved playing with this ball . . .
or should I say "eating" this ball!
Yes, we had a great time today.  Happy 13th Birthday, Garrett!
 
Grandchildren Activities
 I always love to go to Sydney's musical presentations she is involved in.  This was a night of Disney music, and it was such great fun!

 Sydney even got to sing a solo number and was the only ninth grader chosen to do so!  She did fantastic!
 All the tables had darling Mickey decorations.  They had cookies and made it such a fun evening for the families.
Lola loved going to it because she pretty much knows all the Disney songs.

 Sydney's dad and two younger brothers, also, came but had to leave a little early because Cameron had to take them to basketball practice.  However, they had seen all the numbers Sydney was in.
 

Gavin and Riley's Last Soccer Game of the Season
 It was absolutely freezing and an 8:00 a.m. game was so early for these little guys, but their trophies made everything happy for everyone!
 
Jaxon's Flag Football
 Jaxon plays in so many different sports that he isn't able to get to all the games of many of them.  Here he is playing flag football.   
He was able to help his team win in the play-offs, and then play another game for the championship!  It was really exciting!
 Jaxon's Championship Flag Football Team
 A very proud grandma!

 This picture really makes me smile. Jaxon's parents were out of town, so that's the reason I was the only one who got to see his winning game.  On the way home, we were admiring the championship trophy he had and when he got home, he set it on the counter.  He then threw a football at Mason which Mason wasn't ready for, and it hit the trophy right off the counter and broke it to bits!  So, it's a good thing I snapped this picture when I did so that his parents could see the trophy he HAD!  Hah!
 
Mason's Basketball Games
This is one scrappy little basketball player.  He gives it all he's got!  I love to watch him play!
 
Getting to see the Grand Kids Learn New Skills
I got a call from three-year-old Kennedy telling me I had to come to her house to see that she had learned to - - -(I wasn't quite sure what she said).  I cannot tell you how excited we both were when she showed me she had learned to "pump" because she knows I try to teach all the grandkids how to do it.  The pure joy on her face just brought me to tears!  Oh, how I love being a grandma!
 On another day, I was invited to attend Lola's Pre-K class that she teaches.  I listened as she read the entire book to her "students." 
 Afterwards, she told me, "They were so good today and really listened to the story!"
 Have I said before how much I love being a grandma?!
Lola, also, showed me how she has learned to ride a two-wheeler!
 
This and That
 I know it's just because I am a sentimentalist that I take the pictures of what to others might just be commonplace--but I love to remember some of the small occurrences that I observe.  I loved seeing these two cute little grandsons enjoying their new headphones.

The kids enjoying bubbles in the tub!


Watching little Copeland change each week:  Two weeks old!

Three weeks and he loves his tubby time!
Little Dawson is just such a joy!  He just makes you smile when you're around him and he's so fun to snuggle!
Looking at the new Lola with so many of her teeth missing--I pulled one of them, and two others fell out while we were there.  (I, also, pulled one of Preston's teeth while we were in California.  I've always told our two dentist sons that they must have gotten their skills from me because I've always been the one in the family who pulled the teeth--even neighbor kids came to me to pull theirs!)
 
 
Yes, George and I love being around our family and enjoy the many activities we get to be a part of when we are around!
 
 


No comments: