Since we hadn't visited Craig and Cameron and their families in the Lone Start State--specifically Dallas for such a long time, we decided to visit there over Spring Break. What a great time we had! Every day was a party day it seemed!
Upon arriving in Dallas, the first day may not have seemed like much fun to some, but to a mother of a dentist, it was really pay day--literally! A crown on one of my teeth had broken about a week before going there. Not a problem--Craig said we would take care of it the first day with a temporary and put the permanent one on in a week when we were on our way home.
When we entered the door, we knew this was a dentist office like we had never seen before. Behind us is a climbing zone to keep kids busy until they are called for. In between us in their mascot--Chipmunk Charlie.
Straight ahead is the theater where kid movies are playing constantly.
The check-in place where they will soon be serving pizza and popcorn--along with giving the kids balloons.
If the kids and their parents don't have transportation--no problem! A friendly driver picks them up and gives them door-to-door service.
Inside we see Dr. Copeland (of Education) and Dr. Copeland (of Dentistry). This is the hallway for those who cry a lot and they need to be inside a room with better sound barriers.
Everything is painted in an underwater theme.
Fortunately, I was able to sit in the more open area because I was a good kid and not going to cry a lot!
I had my choice of movies--I chose "Enchanted" because I love that movie! I have seen Buzz and Woody a little too often at Jeff and Amy's! Hah!
After Craig had given me the deadening shots, he immediately said, "Did I do it better than Kent?" I laughed so hard! My competitive sons! I told him I had the two best dentists in the world!
Riley isn't too happy about coming into the dental room--he would rather be in the playroom just having fun!
After I was done and had my temporary put on, I got to go through the "crowning ceremony" for being so good!
Everyone clapped . . .
and Riley's face says it all: "Grandma, you look ridiculous!"
Thanks, Dr. Copeland! I had a really good time!
Now it was off to Cameron and Anne's where the kids had so much fun in the backyard.
They had music playing and the kids were dancing.
Cameron's two youngest--Gavin and Mason. Can you believe how much Gavin has grown? He's not a baby anymore!
I'm not sure who he looks like.
Craig playing football with Jaxon and Mason.
We all ate a wonderful dinner at Cameron and Anne's, but I only took a picture of Gavin eating.
What is there about watching little kids eat that is so fascinating?
Day Two to Follow.







3 comments:
What a fun dental clinic!! So much entertainment! I'm glad to see that you cooperated nicely.
Travis was most impressed by the picture at the Cowboy's stadium!!
So fun to be with your kids in Texas. I particularly loved seeing Cameron and Anne's kids since we don't see them often. I'll bet they really enjoyed seeing you and George and so fun for you to be at and be taken care of at Craig's new dentist office. I'll be you are glad that Craig and Cameron are close to each other there.
Going to the dentist certainly isn't like it used to be!! That was so great that you were able to travel to Texas to see not one, but two, of your children and their families--darling kids! They seem to be doing so well.
Post a Comment