George is showing everyone that today is Lola's birthday--she is turning two. Amy is holding her birthday party tomorrow.
Inside the old jail, we got to see typical life of the inmates. I tried to tell Garrett and Isaac about how this really wasn't a place you wanted to go because it was for those who didn't do what they were supposed to.
As we were leaving, Isaac said, "And they've all turned into statues after staying here so long!" I really laughed!
Then we went to the little train station.
Inside you can see old lanterns used by the railroad men at crossings, and this old bell which Grandpa rang for Riley.
But definitely, the biggest hit of the day was the petting zoo.
It was a great day! I just wish all the grandkids could have been there!






3 comments:
This is something we definitely need to put on our calendar for next year! What a fun outing. A perfect outing for a birthday girl! (I had no idea that they actually had a mini museum set up in the old jail!!!) I thought I knew EVERYTHING about Green Cove!!
I remember that caboose with the prisoner climbing out of the window!! I'm glad that you have Amy, Jeff and their children close by like we have Tom, Hillary and their kids to do some fun things with. It's amazing how time flies--little Lola two years old!?!
Happy birthday to Lola. Such a fun birthday outing for those darling grand kids, Amy, Jeff, you and George. I remember this place from when you took us on a tour of your community. Also, Amy's family is so precious and how fun for them to have Riley, to enjoy and include in the fun.
Post a Comment